Saturday, September 5, 2009

Welcome to Miami.

So, all moved in.


...except for the fact that I have no sheets, towels, uniform, OR car, since the company we used to ship my car with all my stuff inside has been extremely incompetant and the car, which was supposed to be here at 9AM, is STILL not here. Soooo, I will be dirty and uncomfortable tonight...but oh well. I'm just happy to be in my dorm. Even though the day was EXTREMELY stressful and annoying.

After a Target shopping spree, my fantastic parents unpacked and moved in all my new stuff while I spend 2 hours on the phone with Dell tech support, fixing the wireless on my laptop. It's also a tad lonely here now because none of my roommates are sleeping here tonight and most of my friends live in a different dorm and aren't allowed to visit until Tuesday. Therefore, I'm blogging!

There's some sort of "foam party" tonight at nine. Elusive name, right? First I thought it had something to do with shaving cream...then I thought maybe it was a big room and all the walls were coated with foam pads and we'd run around and bounce off them? But no, I was reassured that it was a room filled with soapy foamlike stuff.....how is that fun? Apparently it's a really big event, you need yellow wristbands to get in beacuse some upperclassmen try to sneak in...so I think I'll check it out.

I'm gonna go make some friends now! More later. A bientot!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the car Liz. I had excellant service from them. Probably should have told you to ask for its delivery two days before you really wanted it and they would just hold it somewhere if it arrived. Not a great way to start but hopefully your luck will change.
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about the car being late and all your stuff being in it. You're having a rocky start but it will pass.
    Thinking of you.
    Love, Grandma and Pa

    ReplyDelete