Sunday, September 6, 2009

I'll keep you in my focus, with love and affection.












So, I just said goodbye to the parents. It was extremely weird, and exactly how someone who knows our family would expect. Mom was teary eyed, Dad was jokey and loving, classic Kelly personas. After eating a delicious meal at a little Cuban restaurant, we bid adieu. I'm really really gonna miss them. They've been married for 24 years tomorrow. 18 of those were spent raising me, and I'm so grateful. They're pretty awesome.

Aaaaaanyways, my car situation has become increasingly weirder and weirder. Apparently the driver of the truck carrying my car's brother died yesterday in a car crash? Sooooo instead of driving my car to Miami with ALL my stuff in it, he's been greiving and making funeral arrangements...It's a pretty ridiculous situation. So, I have absolutely no idea when my car will be here. Hopefully in the next few days.

In the meantime I've met some pretty awesome people who've lent me uniform items, sheets and towels. I miss my stuff though! I spent about 2 hours making a sicknasty bulletin board covered with pictures of my friends, and I really want it. Also, my friend made me an awesome college survival kit that is currently MIA with my car. So it's a little frustrating, but I'm adapting! As my dad said at dinner tonight, "It's like if you went into the kitchen...and you didn't have a pot! You have to adapt." Good analogy Dad...but yes, I'm making due without my "pot."

I'm pretty proud of myself that I've been blogging a lot lately. For the few faithful followers I have, (Peggy and Bonnie, Gram and Pa!) I can't promise that I'll be this efficient in the future. I went to an orientation for my classes today and they're gonna be pretty intense, so I may not have a ton of time during the week. BUT, I got my knife kit....and it's freaking awesome. It was like Christmas morning getting that thing.


The pictures I posted are of my dorm, except it's not completely decorated yet. I have borrowed sheets and won't have the rest of my stuff until my car gets here, so once I finish decorating I'll put more up! Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Your place looks very cozy.....just think how it will look when you have all your stuff!!!

    Love
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Liz:
    Sorry for all the probs with the car. Peg recommended that co. because their service was primo when we used them. Love the looks of your place, but where will we stay? Just kidding. What did you learn at your first class? Keep in touch and take your dad's advice and accept it as learning to live without a pot. I like that. From now on, I will picture you at the cool pool instead of a hot stove.
    Love,
    B.

    ReplyDelete