Monday, September 21, 2009

My heart it grows, I think it shows.

So, I'm going to brag a little bit. On Thursday we had our practical exam for my Purchasing and Product ID class that I wrote about before. You know, the one where we had to identify 200 items? Well, there were actually 203...and it was awesome. I missed about 34, which sounds kind of bad, but....drumroll please.....I got the best score in the class! I mean, it was really difficult. Do you know what annatto seeds look like? Taro root? Fenugreek? I don't think so. Needless to say, most people failed actually. I got an 86, buuuut, he scaled the scores because all of them were so bad. If you don't know what scaling is, it's when the highest grade is brought up to 100, and the amount that the top scorer missed is added to everyone else's score. Therefore, I got a 100 and everyone else got 14 points added to their score! I was extremely happy.

Today was our last day of that class, thank God, and we took our final, which I was really worried about, but I think I actually did really well. It involved a lot of math, which isn't my strong point, but I studied and HOPE that I succeeded. (: Tomorrow I start Fundamentals, which basically means I'm learning how to chop and make simple things. Kind of elementary, but at least I get to cook! I can't wait!

This weekend was awesome. Just basically hung out with awesome people, went to the beach some more, went to South Beach Friday night. On Thursday we went out for my friend's birthday to a little Cuban restaurant down the street that is absolutely amazing. He's 100 percent Cuban and says that the food there is better than his "Abuela's," or grandma's. Now THAT'S a compliment. I can't say that I've had any food down here better than yours yet Grandma! I can't wait for you and Pa to get down here so I can visit you all the time for some home cooked meals and quality time at the cluuuuub. Thanks also to Peggy who sent me an awesome Red Sox hat. I have an extreme amount of Boston pride down here because there are so few of us. I've worn that hat many many times so far. You all are so supportive! Feel free to call me anytime if you want to know more. It gets hard to update this a lot and answer all your questions via the blog, so if you have a question, give me a call!

Lots of love, hope it's not too cold up there. (:

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth
    We enjoy reading your blog so much. Sounds like everything is going well.
    Going to NJ this weekend to celebrate Lara's Birthday. Will be home on Tuesday.
    Can't wait to see you in Florida.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Liz on the highest score on your first test. Doesn't surprise me though...
    Not cold in Boston yet but the leaves are turning and dropping rapidly...Looking forward to what happens in your classes this week and any tips you can share. Go Red Sox!
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete