Monday, October 12, 2009

You're what makes New England so great.

So I'm on the last day of my four day weekend. I expected it to be really fun, because I hardly have any homework and hey! It's four days! But it turned out to be RIDICULOUSLY boring. EVERYONE went home for the weekend. Seriously, campus was like a ghost town it was crazy. So there wasn't really anyone to hang out with, which was kind of depressing. I had my friend Jess but that was about it, so we just relaxed a lot. We bought coloring books, cleaned the whole dorm, ordered Chinese food, hung up Halloween decorations, watched a LOT of TLC, WALKED (when we both have cars) down the street to Jamba Juice, etc. It was just pretty lame.

Anyways, I'm currently in meatcutting right now. I have a love hate relationship with this class. I really like the teacher. His name is Chef Lazar and he's from Brooklyn and is just really relaxed and laid back and funny. I think the class is interesting, and I like the idea of butchering...I'm just really slow and kind of bad at it. It was hard to go from being one of the best in my last class to one of the slowest and worst in this class. Meatcutting just doesn't come naturally to me, but I'm pushing along! I've tucked, trussed, and deboned about 10 chickens already, so hopefully I'll be a pro soon enough.

We just booked the ticket home to Walpole for Thanksgiving on November 19th! So excited to get home. I really miss everything, especially fall. Jess and I bought a pumpkin pie and Halloweenified our dorm this weekend because we missed the leaves and what not. I'm thinking about making a giant construction paper tree on the wall with falling leaves that I can play in. It's not the same down here. The palm tree leaves are kind of falling? But they're brown and ugly. I'm a true New England girl through and through...which is why this weekend ALSO was terrible because of the poor Red Sox. There are so many Yankee fans down here so I've been ridiculed and criticized all weekend. I've held my own though, wearing my Sox gear and keeping up with the games so I have something intelligent to say. I'm quite proud of myself. I love that dirty water.

Finally, here's a shoutout to Emily and Natalie, my two crazy friends who have been keeping up with my blog and following me. They're pretty awesome to really care so much about what goes on here at JWU, and I miss them a ton! Thanksgiving break, craziness will ensue. :) Love you both.


Sorry for such a late update! Computer troubles this week. More soon. Beaucoup d'amour. (:

5 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth
    It sure was a sad weekend with the Red Sox losing and the Patriots loss to Denver but we always have next year!!!
    Loved reading your blog again. You'll have to give me tips about cutting up chicken. I do that sometimes. Also need advice on the best way to mince fresh ginger.
    Your Grandmother loved to hear me read your blogs. She was so excited to hear them.
    Keep them coming. Pa and I really look forward to reading them.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lizzie, it's 3AM and I'm looking for new ways to procrastinate on my Proust paper, so it was either your blog or intervention videos on surf the channel. Thanks for keeping us all updated - it looks like you're doing absolutely fantastic. Love you, miss you, looking forward to Thanksgiving!

    Also, have you been watching gossip girl? They all go to NYU now!!

    xoxo,

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooo love the shoutout! (:

    So it snowed in Connecticut today..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Liz:

    your family is keeping up too!!!! An early Happy Birthday wish for you>

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Liz:
    I finally figured out how to delete my second identity. Whew, this stuff is complex for us oldies. Keep up the blog, love hearing all the scoops.
    Mama B

    ReplyDelete