Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My friends, my habits my family, they mean so much to me.

So meatcutting ends tomorrow, and I am extremely happy. I'm kind of tired of standing in a freezing cold room cutting up dead animals all day. It's somewhat interesting, but I'm ready to move on.

A cold front entered Miami this weekend, and temperatures went down to GASP, 70 degrees?! It was actually really funny because all of the people from down here were freaking out about how cold it was and I loved it. It felt like Massachusetts in September, so I enjoyed it greatly.

Nothing actually really that interesting is going on right now, and I don't really have any good stories, so I feel like this is kind of a pathetic post, but my birthday is Thursday and I'm really excited. My two best friends here are apparently planning a ton of stuff, and my friends from back home are being amazing and sending me gifts and cards and such. When your birthday comes around you really figure out who cares about you. I wasn't expecting really anything so I feel really really lucky.

Anyways, I have to go study for my meatcutting exam tomorrow on different parts of different animals and what cuts of meat come from each animal...interesting stuff....so I'll be sure to update after my birthday festivities are over! Sorry for the lame post.

Au Revoir!

P.S. I miss Ana Buckley. (:

4 comments:

  1. Food is love and love for food is what you have. Always remember what it is you love about this industry. Never let your passion die. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elizabeth,
    Happy Happy Happy Birthday!!!
    Hope you have a fun day!
    Love and Kisses
    Grandma and Pa

    ReplyDelete
  4. LIZ KELLY!!! i just read this and saw that i was included in your blog!!! you're the best! miss you and see you in a couple weeks!! :)

    ReplyDelete