Sunday, July 25, 2010

Is it so wrong to want rewarding? To want more than is given to you?

Sundays. Once a day of rest. Now, to me, a day of long, endless work.

Sunday is the day I dread each week. My 12 hour work day. I start work at 10, end at 10. This means I have to leave my house around 8:30 and don't get home until around 11:30. LONG DAY.

The other thing I hate about Sundays at work is that it's incredibly slow, and there are hardly any of us on the line in the kitchen. Therefore, when it's slow, it's SLOW. One can only chop so many shallots, blanch so many green beans, make so much mornay sauce. Running out of prep to do in the kitchen is the last thing you want. You look pretty embarrassing standing around doing nothing, and you'll probably wind up on your hands and knees scrubbing various hidden stainless steel that hasn't been cleaned in months. Then, if we suddenly get some business, it gets crazy busy, since like I said, there aren't that many of us. Lots of ups and downs in action, and it's really pretty exhausting.

So, to sum up it all up, Sundays suck. A lot.

Thankfully though, today wasn't too bad. And the one GOOD thing about Sundays is that I have the next two days off! Oh how I love Mondays and Tuesdays :D! Now, sleep, sleep, and more sleep.

Bon nuit, my body hurts.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Liz..so good to have you back on your blog. I have really missed it. I enjoyed hearing about your job and also your feelings about this summer. I agree, you should be writing more! You write with honesty, humor and lovely thoughts about your life. Maybe you could combine talents and WRITE COOKBOOKS?

    Keep up the good work. Looking forward to seeing you soon....Love Peggy

    ReplyDelete