Monday, January 25, 2010

It can only start with you.

After some pushing by Mama Kelly, I've finally come back to blogland. Sorry for the hiatus, I just haven't really had anything exciting about and I've been pretty busy with school. I also was pretty sick for a little while so I was dealing with that. BUT, I've returned with some updates for everyone! We'll go with the numbering system on this one.

1) I got a job! Hurrah! My money has been seeeriously depleting since I came back from Thanksgiving break. I had to buy lots of Christmas gifts, so that lowered my account significantly. I'm currently working at Victoria's Secret PINK. Not food related I know, but it's simple and easy, something I can do a lot during the week and still be awake enough to focus on school. I basically greet people and fold clothes. Everyone I work with is really nice and I'm enjoying it, so I'm happy. :D

2) I was sick for a weekend. Reeeeally sick. Right after I got my job I came down with something. I never made it to the nurse so I'm not exactly sure what I had, but I have a feeling it may have been strepth since my friend had it. It was not fun. I had to leave my first day of work early which was embarassing. I just slept a lot. I wish I was home so Mom would've made me my nest! She always takes good care of me. :) I'm all better now though! It passed.

3) I worked at the open house for my school this weekend. My favorite chef asked me and my friend to help him out. It was SO nice being back in the kitchen for a day. I missed it so much. We cooked up crab cakes to give to the guests to sample and talked to them about school and answered questions. It was a lot of fun and pretty weird because I was in their position exactly a year ago. It was so strange to be on the other side. Things have really changed since then.

4) I spent a lot of time in South Beach this weekend with my friends Siobhan and Jess. We sat on the beach, walked around, and made some new friends who go to school in Orlando. It's always cool meeting new people. They seem like they'll be good friends for a while. We got along with them really well.

5) This disaster in Haiti is a reeeally big deal down here. My little sister in the Big Brother Big Sister program is from Haiti and there are a lot of people down here connected to the island so the school is doing a lot to raise money. My leadership class has actually designed an event that will happen on Thursday where we will sleep out for Haiti on cardboard boxes with only blankets, water, and little food. We're trying to display the homelessness and people are going to sponsor us. If any of you are interested in sponsoring me let me know! You can't donate online, but there are ways. It should be a really cool event.

Anyways, sorry for disappearing for a while. I'll really try to be more regular about posting, it just isn't as exciting right now because I'm not in labs. If you want to know anything more, feel free to ask me anything via comments. I LOVE comments, so please, if you're reading, leave a comment and let me know.

Thanks to my faithful followers.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Liz

    Glad you're back on your blog. Sorry to hear that you were so sick. Leaving for Florida this Thursday and lookig forward to seeing you in Miami during the next two months or in Naples. Let me know what your schedule is for days off etc? It was actually 55 degrees here in MA today but it's getting cold this weekend and I will hopefully be in warmer weather.

    Love
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth
    So happy to hear that you are feeling better.
    Talked to Mike last night and he's coming out in April and wants to go to Miami for the day and take you out to eat. Natalie won't be coming because she will be in China.
    Your job sounds like fun. I'm sure they'll have you waiting on people soon because you are so good at that.
    Love you,
    Gram and Pa

    ReplyDelete
  3. lmao liz it's STREP not strepth hahahaha but glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete